Maintenance Mechanic 1 #12422WA State Parks
Olmstead Place Historic State park is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic 1.
Under the general supervision of the Central Cascades Area Construction & Maintenance Supervisor, this position independently performs a variety of duties that include supervising staff, performing general maintenance, repair, remodeling and construction duties, utilizing a working knowledge of several related skills, such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, welding, painting and machinist work. This position installs, repairs, inspects and maintains physical facilities (i.e. buildings, facilities, and grounds), and maintains and repairs machinery and equipment within the Central Cascades Area.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform general maintenance work of the Area's grounds and facilities.
- Assist in the fabrication and construction of equipment and materials to maintain vehicles and/or facilities.
- Meet building and permit codes.
- Making masonry forms, mixing and pouring concrete, replacing and re-grouting tile.
- Clean and maintain building drainage systems and rainwater drainage systems.
- Mow, trim, and prune grounds; clean irrigation ditches.
- Monitor and maintain domestic irrigation water systems, sewage system, and Park's plumbing.
- Collect water samples and submits samples to laboratory for testing.
- Replace pump controls, lights and electrical fixtures and switches.
- Coordinate with supervisor, other employees, and WCC crews during maintenance and repair projects.
- Maintain health and safety standards.