Equipment Clerk & Support Lead- CSP, FT, Varies
North Mississippi Medical Center Tupelo, MS Full-time Information Services / Technology (IT)
Posted on December 11, 2021
- Issue and track clinical equipment. Receive, unload, and decontaminate instrumentation in decontamination area; load and unload washers and sterilizers; assist CSP team as directed by shift supervisor in the decontamination, assembly, sterilization and dispatch of surgical instrumentation. Correctly interpret biological indicators post sterilization. Correctly and timely dispatch the sterile instrumentation to appropriate areas.
- Files, answers telephone, distribution window, uses Excel, SCM, instrument/equipment tracking software and Windows.
- Assists department director and supervisor with equipment flow recommendations and utilization.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent.
- Previous experience as CSP Equipment Clerk preferred.
- Orientation period will be established according to incumbent prior experience.
- On the job training will include record-keeping, telephone skills, care of equipment, use of CSP instrument processing equipment, chemical cleaners and disinfectants, equipment tracking, specialty cart maintenance, work place safety, aseptic technique, transporting instruments and equipment, OR processes, knowledge of instrument trays, and standard precautions. CRCST certification is preferred