Office ClerkKittitas County
The current vacancy in the Kittitas Valley Event Center is a full-time, benefited, union (Local 792 CH), non-exempt position expected to begin as soon as possible. Anyone who meets the qualifications stated below may apply. This position will close on 7/18/2018.
SALARY RANGE: $2,800- $3,180 per month.
Responsible for performing administrative duties required by the Event Center Director and Office Staff Off Season
- Greet customers, answer and transfer calls on multi-line phones, and take messages.
- Process ingoing and outgoing mail; obtain mail from the Courthouse mailroom.
- Assist customers with planning events, including room set up, taking payments, explaining insurance requirements, etc.
- Create financial documents and process payments via QuickBooks.
- Process end of month invoices, billing of amenities or extra charges incurred after events, and counting drawers down for regular deposits.
- Assist staff with creating contracts for clients and maintaining an organized file system to each customer.
- May assist with Records Management duties, such as paper and email file organization and proper disposition of records.
- Provide support services for Program Assistant, Office Manager, and Director.
- Maintain the professional service contracts binder in an organized manner; assist with research as needed.
- Assist exhibitors with their Fair entries, collect payments, and answer any questions/concerns.
- Assist staff with tracking and updating contracts, payments, insurance certificates/endorsements, etc. from vendors, entertainment, judges, superintendents, and
RV customers; contact customers about missing information, payments, and/or paperwork.
- Create packets for all vendors, entertainment, judges, superintendents, and RV customers to prepare for their arrival.
- Work with Office Manager and Superintendents to help select judges for each department; create and mail judging and livestock packets.
- Assist Superintendents with various tasks, such as filling volunteer pass requests and giving them ShoWorks reports tailored to their own department.
- Fulfill requests from Fair Board directors, such as providing Purchase Orders, ShoWorks Reports, printing jobs, etc.
- Invoice vendors for their booth spaces.
- Assist in printing and binding the judging books for each department.
This job description is a summary of the primary functions and expectations for this position. Additional department-related duties may be assigned as required.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years of general office experience in a fast paced environment, providing customer service to a diverse population, and administrative support to multiple staff members.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and ability necessary to perform the work required may substitute for the minimum qualifications above.
- Valid Washington State driver*s license.
- A criminal history and background check will be performed on qualified candidates. Convictions may preclude candidates from employment in certain circumstances. Factors such as relativity to the position, age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency using computers and Microsoft Office programs; and possess the ability to quickly learn other programs specific to the department and/or County.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills, including public presentations.
- Ability to take direction, both verbal and written, and perform work somewhat independently.
- Understand administrative procedures and operations.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines and handle interruptions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment as to when to act independently and when to refer situations to another staff member.
- Must be able to deliver courteous and professional customer service, with the ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals and groups on a regular basis.
- Must be motivated and possess the desire to produce high quality work.
Work is performed in an office setting with occasional to frequent need to work in non-officeenvironments. Occasional exposure to inclement weather, including temperature extremes and windy/dusty conditions, will occur. The position requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, ascend/descend stairs or small ladders/stepstools, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, grasp, and reach. Must have ability to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 25 lbs. and occasionally higher with assistance. Must be able to read printed materials and a computer screen, and have sufficient hearing and speech to communicate clearly via telephone and in person. Safety policies and procedures must be adhered to at all times, including proper lifting/carrying techniques.
This position requires frequent interaction with a diverse customer base. The work schedule is a standard Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm however, some evenings, weekends, and holidays with extended shifts and overtime will be required prior to and during the Kittitas County Fair (Labor Day Weekend). Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.