Special Education/ Pre-school DirectorKittitas School District
POSITION: Special Education/Pre-school Director
POSITION DESCRIPTION: This position will be responsible for directing the special education and pre-school programs and services.
- Master's Degree in job related field.
- Teaching experience.
- Administrative experience.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations related to special education and preschool programs.
- Knowledge of program planning and development.
- Knowledge of the stages of child development and behavior.
- Knowledge of instructional procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of staff management (hiring, evaluating, training, supervision, etc.).
- Knowledge of budgeting and budget management; and supervise the use of funds.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to implement instructional procedures and practices.
- Ability to analyze situations to define issues and solutions.
- Ability to schedule training's, meetings, and events.
- Ability to be flexible in a variety of circumstances.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to operate computers and related software.
- Hold a valid Washington State Administrator Certificate with proper endorsements.
- Hold a valid Washington State Teaching Certificate.
SALARY: Salary placement based on the 2018-19 salary schedule (TBD)
Kittitas School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.