General Accounting SupervisorKittitas PUD
General Accounting Supervisor - Kittitas PUD
This is a full time, benefited position and pay is dependent upon experience. Must have a BS/BA in Accounting or related field, Current CPA License, and 3 years of progressively responsible experience in public or private accounting. Position is open until filled.
The General Accounting Supervisor position performs professional accounting functions within the framework of District policies and procedures, works independently, interprets and applies accounting principles (GAAP) and practices, applicable laws, statutes, rules and ordinances. Requires analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. This position provides technical accounting oversight to the organization and maintains high level of confidentiality and ethics.
Job Duties And Responsibilities:
- Reconcile subsidiary ledgers to General Ledger. Prepare journal entries. Prepare financial statements and Board reports. Train finance and billing personnel as needed.
- Review monthly Consumer Sales Report and prepare excise tax return. File regulatory reports as required. Administer Pole Contact revenue including updating contract files, calculating annual rates and forward to billing for processing.
- Administer monthly cost allocations of transportation, payroll, overhead and stores. Quarterly, evaluate and update cost percentage based on historical cost patterns, future trends and other known variables. Train appropriate staff on implementation of methodology.
- Maintain banking relationships and rating agency disclosure requirements. Review and maintain outstanding warrants as required by state law. Prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- Administer work order data processes. Ensure proper audit documentation, timely closure and capitalization of Plant Assets. Review depreciation of all asset classes. Prepare annual roll forward report for financial statement footnotes.
- Final approval and review of utility rates and billing adjustments. Prepare COSA reports.
- Prepare Board reports and assist in budgeting process.
- Contribute to a positive work environment and promotes positive public relations. Provides support for all other office staff as required and assigned.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
- BA/BS in accounting or related field and 3 years of progressively responsible experience in public or private accounting.
- Current CPA License
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, financial statement preparation, accounting processes and internal controls.
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Maintain an effective working relationship with fellow employees, other agencies, elected officials and the public.
- Exceptional time-management and prioritization skills.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to analyze and leverage cross-functional problem solving.
- Effective, persuasive, communicator in verbal and written form.
- Strict confidentiality with sensitive and privileged information.
Physical requirements of this job include being able to sit, stand, reach, demonstrate manual dexterity, twist, talk, hear, and see. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, grasp, perform light lifting, and frequent walking.
Must also pass drug testing, criminal background and credit history checks and other appropriate testing and requirements.
Period Of Probation
The person appointed this position shall be under a period of probation for 6 months