Weed InspectorKittitas County
$13.56-$16.21 per hour.
Open until filled. EOE
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office, and ability to quickly learn any programs required to perform job duties.
Kittitas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Effective communication skills, verbally and in written form.
* A criminal history background check will be performed on qualified candidates. Convictions may preclude candidates from employment in certain circumstances. Factors such as relativity to the position, age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.
* Valid Washington State Driver's License at time of employment and no more than two (2) moving violations in the past two (2) years.
* Valid Washington State Department of Agriculture Public Operator pesticide license within 30 days of employment.
* Map reading experience (road atlas, USGS, Assessor's maps, etc.).
* Knowledge of pesticide laws, including Washington State Noxious Weed Law: RCW 17.04 and RCW 17.10; as well as the following: safety, products, equipment calibration, and application techniques.
* Experience with database and filing systems.
* Botany and/or Ecology background.
* Experience working with the public.
* Familiar with topography and associated plants within Kittitas County.
* Plant identification and growth and development of plants.
* Ability to access and interpret Assessor's records.
* Maintain records: mileage logs, daily activities, application of pesticides.
* In-field diagnostic procedures and surveying techniques.
* Knowledge of environmental issues and public concerns.