Web and Application DeveloperKittitas County
Web and Application Developer
The current vacancy in Information Technology is a full-time, benefited, non-union, non-exempt position expected to begin as soon as possible. The Web & Application Developer is responsible for maintaining the County*s websites and databases, as well as developing and maintaining County applications.
Anyone who meets the qualifications stated below may apply. Screening will commence on 3/14/2019 and continue until a suitable candidate has been found.
Salary Range: $4,931- $6,635 per month.
Essential Functions: 50% of the effort in this position will be expended in Individual effort.
The essential functions of this position:
- Develop, implement, and maintain the county*s Internet and intranet sites
- Program using ASP.Net, C#, and SQL databases
- Work with department heads, elected officials, and their designees to develop applications that help them streamline processes and lighten workloads
- Maintain security of web sites and applications from malicious code or injection
- Work with the Information Technology Committee for approval of new web content
- Ensure the operation and security of all web environments; audit and maintain security consistent with the county policies
- Document all aspects of the position*s essential functions
- Improve knowledge as necessary 35% of the effort in this position will be expended in Division effort.
The essential functions of the Development Division, of which this position is a part, are to provide and maintain developed applications and websites necessary for client productivity and access, including:
- Work with team to design highly usable web pages and applications to meet user requirements
- Create workflows, forms, and reports in an enterprise records management software, Laserfiche
- Ensure overall county goals for a web presence are being met; solicit feedback and track satisfaction
- Construct and maintain a manual of county*s Internet sites, including maintenance and design
- Create end user how-to materials
- Monitor new technologies for applicability of county use
- Writing and present functional and design specifications for web applications
- Review coding and design technologies for applicability and potential use
- Cross-train and support other Development Division staff
- Other duties as assigned by the Information Technology Director
15% of the effort in this position will be expended in Department effort.
Kittitas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Members of the Information Technology Department function as a team, each with unique skill sets, but work together and depend upon each other for the accomplishment of the mission:
- To support the business needs of Kittitas County by providing appropriate technology tools, solutions, and assistance;
- Through an excellent customer service experience;
- By adopting their requests as our own;
- To complete resolution;
- Through active teamwork;
- In a fiscally responsible manner; securely;
- With creativity, respect, expertise, and professionalism;
- Communicating effectively at the appropriate comfort level with our customers;
It is the responsibility of each division and team member to manage available resources to accomplish their Essential Functions, while simultaneously supporting the other divisions so that the department goals are realized.
This job description is a summary of the primary functions and expectations for this position. Additional department-related duties may be assigned as required.
- High School Diploma, GED, or higher education.
- Two (2) years minimum combined experience in the following areas: web site design, web site maintenance, and web content maintenance; graphic design, and digital image editing.
- Two (2) years minimum experience programming in ASP .NET and C# using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience creating and managing SQL databases.
- Experience with ADO.NET for database access; experience creating database queries in SQL.
- Equivalent education/experience may substitute for some minimum qualifications.
- Valid Washington State driver*s license.
- A criminal history and background check will be performed to include fingerprinting on qualified candidates. Convictions may preclude candidates from employment in certain circumstances.
Factors such as relativity to the position, age at time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to create aesthetic graphics using a graphics tool such as Photoshop or GIMP
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to handle high-stress situations while maintaining a high level of customer service
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent problem solving and research skills
- Excellent oral and written, technical and non-technical communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- Ability to make changes when brought to your attention
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Experience creating workflows and forms in Laserfiche ECM
- Experience using Entity Framework and LINQ
- Experience with responsive web design
- Familiarity with XML/XSL
- Experience working in a local government environment
- Experience working in a multi-department enterprise
- Work is generally performed in an office environment with potential exposure to dusty conditions.
- Travel to all County office locations is required to service computer systems, with occasional travel necessary to attend mandatory training opportunities.
- Must have the ability to safely operate a motorvehicle in all types of weather and all levels of light.
- Sustained posture in a seated position and prolonged periods of computer operation; use of standard office equipment; strength to lift, pull, push and/or carry up to 50 pounds (possibly more with assistance); vision to read printed materials, a computer screen, and allow installation of equipment in all lighting conditions; and hearing and speech to communicate clearly in person or over the telephone.
- Must be able to reach with arms, grasp, sit, kneel, stoop, bend, squat, twist, crawl under office furniture, climb a ladder and stairs.
- Safety rules and regulations must be adhered to at all times.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are required and expected Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.