Full-Time Procurement Supply Specialist 1 #4230
Central Washington University - Full-Time Procurement Supply Specialist 1 Position Available Now. The Procurement & Supply Specialist is responsible for procurement functions for the trades and other CWU departments including purchasing materials, equipment, supplies and services of a specialized or complex nature in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures.
- Effectively communicate and maintain positive working relations with faculty, staff, students, and the campus community as well as FMD management team. Perform work in a manner that provides excellent service with nominal to no inconvenience or disruption for the client. Perform quality work that meets or exceeds the expectation and satisfaction of the client.
- Perform work using Best Practices while maintaining compliance with applicable laws, policies, and procedures to provide a safe workplace.
- Request quotes and place orders according to specifications. Purchases will be made according to State and Federal regulations and CWU quality standards.
- Coordinate and/or expedite materials, quantities, and delivery dates.
- Prepare, review and analyze purchase requisitions, investigate and develop sources of supplies, prepare bid specifications, issue bid requests and review quotations, and interpret purchasing procedures to departments.
- Document purchase orders in AIM (enterprise facility management software).
- Release at front counter stock purchases and disbursement of special orders (parts, equipment, etc.)
- Maintain and reconcile monthly Pro Card purchases according to CWU purchasing and financial policies and procedures.
- Assist with annual Central Stores stock inventory.
- Assist with keeping stock items and parts in an organized manner and in a safe and clean environment.
- Review and prioritize requests in accordance with approved guidelines.
- Perform ongoing contract and contractor evaluations to ensure goods and services are delivered and in accordance with contract requirements and prices remain competitive with general market.
- Research for new sources of supply; locates and contacts vendors and suppliers.
- Receive and distribute merchandise to work orders for the trades or to stock inventory.
- May perform the functions of shipping/receiving, such as unloading/loading incoming/outgoing freight, reconciling incoming freight to shipping/delivery paperwork, delivery of merchandise and equipment to the CWU community, returning damaged and/or incorrect merchandise, and other shipping/receiving functions.
- May perform warehouse/delivery functions/forklift operation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply online at http://careers.cwu.edu (Search Job ID 4230).
CWU is an AA/EEO/Title IX/Veteran/Disability Employer.