Office Assistant 3 #3129Central Washington University
CWU is hiring an Office Assistant 3 in the office of the Dean of Student Success. (Job ID 3129).
This position’s primary responsibility is to provide office support for the office of the Dean of Student Success, the Administrative Specialist and the Associate Deans of Student Development & Achievement, and Health & Wellness. The majority of work includes duties such as complex clerical assignments, establishing and maintaining records, providing customer support, and responding to inquiries for the department on policies and procedures.
The position will have extensive contact with other departments, students, and the public. This position maintains close working relationships with other personnel in the departments including student employees, administrators and other personnel of the University, public agencies, and the general public. The position works in a high-paced office with many contacts.
- Clerical support to Administrative Specialist, Associate Dean for Student Development & Achievement, and Associate Dean for Health & Wellness, including scheduling appointments, managing calendars, drafting correspondences, filing, reports, and special projects.
- Supports the Office of the Dean of Student Success; ensuring inquiries by students and guests are properly addressed and handled.
- Maintains files and records in administrative area. Assists with tracking of dated material, correspondence, and pending files and assists with record retention policies.
- Support occasional meetings with scheduling and note taking.
- Perform travel processes using department and university guidelines for Office of the Dean of Student Success staff/candidates.
- Assist with semi-annual equipment inventory using established tracking systems.
- Assists with contracts, department funding requests and invoices for the ADs areas, keeping the logs and requests up-to-date.
- Assists as a courier for time sensitive or secure correspondence with other university departments.
- Assists with the Academic Suspension process; assisting the director with clerical assistance, letters, and notifications as needed.
- Serves as reception for Office of the Dean of Student Success, directs requests, resolves problems and responds to inquiries regarding FERPA questions, releases of information, fee waiver requests, rules, regulations, policies, department procedures, and department services; answers telephone; receives and refers visitors and calls.
- Purchases supplies and other items for the staff and Associate Deans in the office of Dean of Student Success with purchasing card.
- Reconciles monthly purchasing card log.
- Reviews and verifies fiscal reports for accuracy; investigates and corrects errors to ensure compliance with established procedures and policies; uses basic arithmetic to perform computations.
- Reviews and verifies fiscal reports for accuracy.
- Investigates and corrects errors to ensure compliance with established procedures and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Increasingly responsible clerical/office experience
- Experience or training that demonstrates proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, e-mail and/or similar software applications to produce written correspondence, create and maintain spreadsheets, receive and respond to e-mail inquiries, tasks, etc.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills (ability to walk individuals through complex processes via phone)
- Ability to effectively organize multiple work assignments in a busy office setting, involve competing priorities to produce work products that are accurate, of a high quality, and meet deadlines.
- OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Bachelor's Degree
- University related experience
- Extensive customer service experience communicating effectively and diplomatically with a variety of internal and external clientele inclusive of handling difficult customer service situations and resolving conflict in a professional manner.
- Experience that demonstrates ability to work effectively with diverse individuals. (First Generation and Marginalized populations).
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to constantly changing responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
CWU is an EEO/AA/Title IX/ Veteran/Disability Employer.